Scottrade has an ongoing promotion right now and should not be taken for granted for those who want to build a retirement account.
The take is whoever choose to roll over an IRA or old 401(k) and makes a qualified deposit into another Scottrade account could qualify for up to $2,000.00 in cash bonus. The cash bonus depends on how much can you put into the new Scottrade account.
Below are the equivalent cash bonus for amount of qualifying deposits:
1. $100 cash bonus for $50,000.00 – $99,999.00;
2. $300 cash bonus for $100,000.00 – $199,999.00;
3. $600 cash bonus for $200,000.00 – $499,999.00;
4. $1,000 cash bonus for $500,000.00 – $999,999.00; and
5. $2,000 cash bonus for $1,000,000.00 +.
This offer more attractive that what TD Ameritrade offers. Note that this offer is valid only for an eligible new or existing Scottrade account in good standing that is registered for this offer and funded with at least $50,000 in cash or eligible securities between January 13, 2015 and April 15, 2015. Accounts can be registered online or through your local Scottrade branch. If interested, you can check the Scottrade’s website for further details.